Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Round 5 Fall 2006 OCL

What a pathetic excuse for a woodpusher I am!

First I want to thank my opponent for a good game. I'm sorry I couldn't give you a better match.

Second, Mr. Heisman would be gravely disappointed about my lack of safety for my pieces (see image below pennance). As pennance, I will write the following phrase 50 times: "I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe."

I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe. I will strive harder to keep my pieces safe.



Thirdly, the CT-ART 3.0 is going well. I've just about mastered the Level 10 problems. My progress in this area is tracked over here.

Fourthly, I think I need to play over more games to get some ideas about what to do when I don't know what to do. Here is where I went blank ... I didn't know what to move. I just didn't know how to further develop my pieces. I lacked a long-range plan. I always get stuck in this scenario. To counter this problem, I'm planning on going back and reading some of Hesiman's articles to see what he says on the subject. I think Silman might have some advice too. Does anyone else have some advice for me?

1 comment:

  1. Great blog!

    It's wonderful to know that there are other people who are into chess (as much as I am)!

    By the way...

    If you, or any of your blog's visitors, are interested in improving your chess playing skills (using tested & proven strategies)...then you should check out my new chess book: Chess Success Secrets.

    Not only will my book help you improve your game...

    But you can also earn an excellent income just by telling your friends, family, co-workers (and anyone else who loves playing chess) about it.

    For more information, please click on the above link...or contact me via email (at the address provided on my site).

    To YOUR Chess Success!
    James Wilson

    Chess Success Secrets

    ReplyDelete