Monday, February 27, 2006

Spring 2006 Mod A - Beginning of Finals Week, Q11

This is it! I'm ready to rumble for the next couple of days. I have my last Excel modeling class tonight and then tomorrow I'll do my last negotiation.

Excel Modeling

After the kids were in bed, I worked on the Eli Lilly case. I had to write up the flexible plant option as well as our recommendation. Our group was emailing each other all over the place yesterday. I have about 15 emails sitting in my inbox that are all about this case. If I get another email from the group, then I might need to work on it some more today. But for the most part, it is done. All I have left is to finish the final case. It is due Friday.

Today is the last class. We have class this week because we didn't do the make-up class the same week of Martin Luther King Jr. day. I plan on chatting with Snir about the final case ... I need to buckle down and get that finished.

Negotiations

As I've said, we're meeting tomorrow to do the final case. I read the case last night and it is pretty simple ... I don't know if this will be difficult or not. It could be very easy or it could blind-side us all and be hard. We'll see. There are only 4 things to negotiate. I'm hoping everyone will share information and we can find the optimal solution and all get a good grade. I really love this class! I actually look forward to these negotiations.

Quixote Update
Chapter 11

Yep ... still plugging away at it. It could be one of those books that takes me several months to finish ... I don't mind. I just hope I finish it before I join up with the Knights Errant in October and go on my crazy, mind-numbing, tactical adventure.

Quixote and Panza head for the woods. Quixote is still injured. They find some goatherds (goat-herders?) and end up eating dinner with them. Quixote goes into this long story ... I didn't read it and I'm glad I didn't. Then one of the goatherds says that they have a friend who sings and plays music. This goatherd walks up and sings a long song ... again, I skipped over that part. Then the goatherds fix Quixote's ear.

Chess Update

I didn't play a lick of chess this weekend. I was busy with school work and family and church. I doubt I'll play tonight. I didn't get up and go to the gym this morning, so I think I may go there after school tonight ... since I'll be wide awake (I slept in til 7:10am).

I did the 2/27/06 chessgames.com puzzle last night. I got it correct ... 25. Qh7+ Kxg5 26. Qxg7+ 1-0. It was very easy.

And one last thing ... I've been reading the Boylston Chess Club Weblog every (week)day. It is a very good blog that is updated very regularly. Today, I noticed that they found my blog and have added me to their Active Other Chess Blogs page. THANKS BCC!

I ran accross the BCC blog a day or so after I read Man De La Maza's blog. They keep a listing of a bunch of chess blogs as well as the active list of Knights Errant De la Maza. It is a great resource. I've added them to my chess links as well.

OK, I lied ... this is the last thought ... BCC noted that Man De La Maza updated his blog to make it more useful. It looks very nice and navagable (is that a word?)

No comments:

Post a Comment