Wednesday, April 12, 2006

PTAP - Lecture 5

Before class started yesterday, I was sitting outside eating dinner and studying. While I was sitting there, I saw a B-17, B-25 and B-24 fly over. It was so cool seeing them fly over ... they were pretty low because they took off from Love Field. I saw them the day before too. I love World War 2 planes. I loved hearing their engines hum ... so cool!

So I searched with Google and found that they were flying those beautiful birds as part of the Wings of Freedom Tour. They've been in Dallas the last couple of days. They were giving flights to those who paid a $400 ticket. I don't know how long the flights were, but judging by how often I saw them fly in and out, I'd say they were about 30 minutes or so.

PTAP

Another dreaded evening of Kumar's lecture. I don't know exactly what it is, but I tune out so easily in his lectures.

We got our Project 1 paper back ... 25/25.

The rest of the evening he talked about various subjects, none of which I recall right now. I did score over 35,000 points on Bejewled (yahoo games).

He mentioned a few things about the final. He said that we need to review notes and textbook problems. There will be a review. This final has me stressed out. He said that the final will be challenging but fair. Previous students have aced his finals. There are also those who scored a 25/50 too!

We're meeting on Friday to start working on Case 2. Tonight and tomorrow night I'll be trying to study for that.

Quixote Update

Didn't read. I'm not giving up on the book. I just haven't had time to sit down and read a lot of it.

Chess Update

I logged on to FICS last night during class. I just watched the chatter. I didn't want to start any games in case Kumar started talking about something I wanted to hear.

The 4/12/06 chessgames.com puzzle is 23. ? I'd play h7+ Nxh7 24. Rxh7 Kxh7 25. Qh5+ Kg7 or Kg8 26. Qg6 mate.

The answer is exactly what I said.

No comments:

Post a Comment