Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Portfolio Theory and Asset Pricing: Judgement Day

Game Theory

The test went OK. There were more than a few suprises on the exam. He threw a couple of questions at us that I had never seen before ... they fell under the topics we discussed, but the type was different. So I had to take my time and think about the answer.

I don't know if I did as well as I was expecting. It was more difficult than I had imagined. I think I'll get a B+ in the class. I wouldn't be suprised if I get a B. Nothing I can do about it now.

PTAP

Five and a half hours to go for tonight's final. Ready or not, I'm just glad to get this class over with.

A buddy of mine finished his last class ever. He's done with Cox. He is one happy man now. I can't wait for that day in December.

Top Programs

BusinessWeek came out with a new ranking for undergraduate B-schools. I'm proud to say that the Marriott School of Management is ranked 8th in the nation!

Of course SMU's Cox PMBA program is right up at the top too. Forbes ranks the PMBA program #10 in the nation for return on investment. US News and World Report ranks the program 10th in the nation.

My resume will look really nice to have those two programs listed on it.

Quixote Update
Chapter 37

I read one chapter last night (couldn't fall asleep). Basically, Dorotea brought Luscinda and Don Fernando up to speed on what they are trying to do for Don Quixote. Don Fernando thinks it's a good idea to help the Loco Quixote. Anway ... Quixote wakes up and there's some dialogue between Sancho and Quixote and the others. They are able to keep up the guise. Then there comes another company of travellers ... a man and a wife. They are Moors. Then they all eat dinner and Quixote expounds on the difference between a life of combat and a life of learning.

Chess Update

I almost played a game last night ... but I thought that if I played one game, I'd play another and then it would be late and I wouldn't get enough sleep. So I just read. I before that, I watched the Mavs dismantle the lowly Grizzlies. The Mavs were the only team to sweep in the first round.

The May 2, 2006 chessgames.com puzzle is 39. ? Removal of the guard (knight). Rxd6.

The answer is Rxd6. That took me 2.3 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment