Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Busy Week So Far

I've been trying to sqeeze in a few chess things this week, but life keeps getting in the way.

Tactics

I was able to do a few the other day. Today I was able to get 42 in. I only got 21 correct. It wasn't a good day on ChessTempo, but at least I got some in.

Play

My kids go to their school chess club every Monday. The teacher invited me to participate anytime I could. So I went over yesterday and helped out where I could. I watched two 4th graders battle it out to the end. After maybe 60 or so moves, I could see that the one kid didn't know how to mate with a king and a rook against a king. So I taught them both a lesson and tried to coach them on that endgame. They finally got it. There's not much instruction that goes on. I think the teacher just wants them to be exposed to chess. I doubt she knows much beyond the rules.

Hopefully I'll have some time tomorrow to get on ChessTempo and get back into Logical Chess.

1 comment:

  1. Why dont you help her on a regular basis then? Say once or twice a month?

    ReplyDelete