Thursday, July 12, 2012

Game 38

Game 38 was another loss.  This was the 2nd of 4 games w/ Jabari.  You can catch the replay here.  I made some whispers during the game.

Move 30 was where I dropped the ball.  You can see it to the left, along w/ the times left on our clocks.

Bd7 or b7 would not have been good and there was no where else to put him.

Instead of pushing the pawn, I should have pulled the knight back to g7 and then on to e8 to defend the pawn at d6.  I don't know ... I'll have to look at that a bit more.

But once I pushed that pawn, Jabari jumped all over it and then I realized I would lose a pawn.  His clock was under a minute, but he played really cool under pressure.  I had a bit of counterplay and had some threats, but once the queens came off, it was over.

Anyway - my head's splitting open, it's almost midnight and I have round 1 of an OTB tournament tomorrow night - got to get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment