Friday, March 31, 2006

Week 3 HW Thu.

Last night I worked some more on the PTAP project. I found that I messed up my yearly stats, so I reworked those numbers ... still not 100% sure if they are correct. I spun my wheels a lot last night. Finally I just put it away and started reading for Game Theory.

After reading about 5 pages of game theory, I started falling asleep. I was in bed by 10 and asleep by 10:10pm. It was the first great night's sleep in a long time. I woke up at 7:10am today.

Today our study group is meeting. I'm hoping the project will be a lot clearer after today. After that, I have to get home and finish reading my chapter in game theory.

Tomorrow I'll finish up my part of the project and review the chapter from game theory.

Quixote Update

I attempted to read a page, but like I said, I was pretty tired and fell asleep.

Chess Update

I can't wait until I can play chess instead of doing homework.

Anyway ... the last chessgames.com puzzle of March is 32. ? I would move Bc5. If he takes me with his knight, then I move Qf6+, Kf8, Rh8++. If he takes me with his bishop, then I'd move Rxd7+ Kxd7, Qxf7+ Kc8, Qxe8+ and then it'd be a chase after the king.

The answer is Qf6+ Nxf6 33. Bc5+ (black resigns) Bxc5 34. gxf6+ Kf8 35. Rh8++

Well, that's a pretty cool mate too! I keep forgetting that I need to look for the wild sacrifices on Fridays.

No comments:

Post a Comment